Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A wedding and a funeral; a celebration of love & life...



I just had the most emotionally draining and exhausting weekend. It was both happy and sad and I am so fortunate to have been a part of every moment of both.

On Saturday, my husband and I attended and photographed the wedding of our very good friends of over 20 years. They have been together for 23 years, yet up until now, the state of CT did not allow them to marry each other.

Randy & Tony were married on a picture perfect day surrounded by their adoring family and friends. Love was certainly felt by all as we shared in the joining together of two beautiful people. It truly was an awesome day for all of us!

On Monday, I not only attended the funeral, but celebrated a life that was loved so much by so many. I am so thankful that I was able to be there in CT to support my longtime friend as she said her final goodbyes to her loving husband of 71 years. I have been friends with Vi and Dick for 35 years and have come to know their wonderful family as well. My heart breaks for all of them in the loss of such a wonderful man.

When I think of Dick, I'll always see him sitting on the sunny deck of his beachfront cottage in Old Saybrook, CT gazing out at the water and seagulls. I like to think that he continues to enjoy this beautiful view.


5 comments:

  1. The wedding was a beautiful day and was made even more so thanks to the outpouring of love and support from family and friends. Thanks Mary Ann and Rob for being a part of our day and for documenting what will be a special memory for the rest of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bittersweet! Glad you were able to be a part of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome Randy & Tony. It could not have been a better day! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful Mary Ann-both the photos and the sentiment-and that's exactly how we will always remember him too :)
    Mariellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Ann , Thank you for the beautiful pictures you always supply, and the heartfelt sentiments Thanky you for being there!!!!!!!!!!!!! love pati

    ReplyDelete